What area do I cover?
I live in Steventon and cover the nearby towns of Abingdon, Didcot and Wantage and surrounding villages in South Oxfordshire and the Vale of the White Horse. I am also happy to travel further afield including Oxford, Wallingford and beyond, at an extra cost to cover my time and travel expenses.
How much does it cost?
£35 for 1 one-hour session. Longer lessons are charged at a pro rata rate.
One lesson FREE if you pay for 4 one-hour lessons at the first lesson. So you get 5 lessons for £140.
These costs are for distances up to 8 miles from Steventon. For distances over 8 miles (when cycling becomes too hard!) I charge an extra £1 per mile per visit.
How do you book an appointment?
Just phone me, email me or use the contact form on my ‘Get in touch‘ page. I generally work during the day, Monday to Friday, but can do evenings or weekends if necessary. Most of my clients like to book only a week or two in advance so I can usually find you a time quite soon.
How many lessons do you need?
This very much depends on your requirements and is best answered by examples:
- Mr K of Drayton started with very little computer knowledge and had a course of 5 lessons over a 3-week period to learn the basics of Windows, how to use email, internet browsing and searching, and the basics of Microsoft Word.
- Mr S of Long Wittenham had one lesson to learn how to take photos from his camera and use them in eBay adverts
- Mrs T of Kennington needed help with her printer, and a general health check and tidy-up of her rather old computer to improve its performance. It took 1½ hours.
- Ms S of Steventon wanted to update her office skills for a forthcoming job interview and had an intensive week where she learned the fundamentals of Excel and Powerpoint. She had 5 hours of tuition, with lots of practice in between lessons
- Mrs D of Marcham has ongoing lessons once a month to gradually expand her knowledge and answer any questions that arise between lessons.